AES United States HS-Environmental Coordinator in Indianapolis, Indiana
At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
● Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or a science related field from an accredited college/university
● Minimum of five (5) years recent verifiable experience in environmental compliance in a large industrial, processing or manufacturing environment
● Electric utility experience
● Demonstrated leadership experience
● Knowledgeable and have direct experience with environmental regulations to include: air, water and waste
● Effective verbal, written and computer skills
● Effective organizational skills with commitment to deadlines
● Willingness to work in a Union environment
● Motivated self-starter who can function with minimum supervision
● Additional consideration given to the following experiences: Spill remediation and SPCC plan preparation; Asbestos supervisor training; DOT regulations; PCB waste disposal; Participation on Environmental Work Activity Groups; Environmental License/Certifications; Oil testing procedures & analysis of results; Waste sampling techniques & analysis of results; Multi-media environmental permitting; Conducting environmental inspections & audits and Negotiating & dealing with regulators; Title V air permits and reporting; FRP spill training; NPDES permits and reporting; CEM operation and maintenance.
Under general guidance, provides services to Electric Production, Steam and Engineering regarding environmental regulations, rules and permits, environmental data collection, generation and reporting and operation of environmental control equipment. Collects, compiles, edits, verifies and submits various required environmental data and reports; ensures the accuracy of various required environmental data ; inspects the facility to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, rules and permits and assists IPL personnel in responding to environmental concerns.
● Counsels, advises and trains production personnel on the scope of all current environmental regulations
● Compiles environmental operating data for transmittal to various governmental agencies
● Assures accuracy of environmental operating data through internal quality assurance programs in cooperation with plant personnel
● Reviews operational data for violation and trends, and reports immediately, all regulatory violations and/or problems to the appropriate internal and external entities
● Assists production personnel in the timely solution to environmental regulatory violations or problems
● Maintains a list of all point discharges and appropriate limits
● Inspects facility to ensure compliance
● Completes various requirements according to facility permits
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 480,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. IPL is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. E-Verify Notice: IPL will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Create an extraordinary future.
AES people raise the quality of life in communities around the world – from bringing electricity to rural communities in El Salvador for the first time, to engineering battery storage that makes a clean energy future possible. That’s a 24/7 responsibility, so we work like a 10,500-person start-up – all in, full-on, in small, hyper-connected teams of people from different divisions, specialties and cultures.
We recognize and reward contribution from anyone, anywhere. The only limit to our influence and impact is our own commitment. We measure our careers by the difference we make to our communities, colleagues and families. So we care as much about how we act as what we do, at work and in life. We don’t just work at AES. We work for AES. We are AES.
Global Opportunities: www.aes.com/careers